If you’re thinking of starting a food business from home, Food Agent Australia is here to help!

One of the most challenging parts of getting your home business off the ground is securing the right licence as each local council has different requirements and regulations to abide by.

Our job is to help you navigate these compliance requirements so you can get baking, mixing and packaging without delay or approval headaches.

Contact us directly to discuss your proposed business.

Ask Us How
Call 0400 901 920

Starting a Food Business from Home?

If you’re starting a home-based food business you will need a food business licence to operate.

Here’s the process when you enlist the help of Food Agent Australia:

  • 1. Project and Licence Scoping

  • 2. Compliance Audit, Compilation of Documents, Project Works or Courses

  • 3. Application Submitted

  • 4. Inspection(s)

  • 5. Approvals to Commence Trading

Remember, we communicate with the relevant authorities on your behalf to help make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible – and expedite your approvals.

We explain the process for getting a Food Business Licence in more detail on this page.

Common Types

Home-Based Food Businesses
  • Cake Making
  • Baked-goods – cookies, pastries, cupcakes etc
  • Sweets
  • Platters/platter boxes
  • Jams, relishes, syrups
  • Spices (mixing spices together and packaging them)


Setting Up a Home-Based Food Business

Every home-based food business is assessed on a case-by-case basis and depends on the type of operation.

Food Agent Australia can determine the specifics for your business and negotiate with Council to be able to secure approval to run a home-based business.


Food Agent Australia is 100% independent. Our experienced and knowledgeable team will take the hassle out of securing your food business licence and advise if any other permits may be required to ensure you are compliant.