How to Obtain Liquor Licensing

If you want to obtain liquor licensing for your food service business, Food Agent Australia can help.

At Food Agent Australia, we’re your one stop shop for information and support surrounding how to start a licensed food business in Australia. From compliance audits and liquor licensing to building approvals, equipment and interior design, our team can do it all.

Ask Us How
Call 0477 526 225

How to Obtain Liquor Licensing In Australia

Obtaining liquor licensing in Australia for your new hospitality venture can be tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing.

From registering and classifying your business, to lodging licensing paperwork, passing safety audits and liaising with your local council and authority, there’s always so much to do when setting up a licensed food business. And it can leave you feeling stressed and isolated, before you even open the doors.

When you’re just getting started the processes, regulations and procedures can leave you feeling overwhelmed. But it doesn’t have to be that way when you choose to work with Food Agent Australia.

We act as your middleman, advocating for you and what you want to do with your new licensed hospitality business – whether you’re taking over from previous owners or starting completely from scratch.

  • 1. Project and Licence Scoping

  • 2. Compliance Audit, Compilation of Documents, Project Works or Courses

  • 3. Application Submitted

  • 4. Inspection(s)

  • 5. Approvals to Commence Trading

Remember, we communicate with the relevant authorities on your behalf to help make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible – and expedite your approvals.

We will assist with everything from answering your questions on how to obtain liquor licensing, Australian regulations and protocols, compliance, food safety and much, much more.

Considerations for How to Qualify for Liquor Licensing in Australia

Food Agent Australia can determine the specifics for your business and negotiate with Council to be able to secure approval to run a food or hospitality venture.

Whether you want full liquor licensing or BYO licensing, we’ve got you covered.


Food Agent Australia is 100% independent. Our experienced and knowledgeable team will take the hassle out of securing your food business licence and advise if any other permits may be required to ensure you are compliant.

Contact Food Agent Australia today to get started or to find out more about obtaining a liquor licence successfully.

Got More Questions About Liquor Licensing and Setting Up a Food Business in Your Local Area? We’re Here to Help.

Our clients always ask us about what’s involved in our food business services, and how to start a licensed food business that will be successful. Here, we’ve compiled some of the questions we’re most frequently asked, to provide you with clarity before we even get started.

If your question doesn’t feature below or you want to know more about how to start a food business or liquor licensing in Australia contact our friendly team today. 

What does Food Agent Australia do?

Setting up a business requires a lot of paperwork, and regulations must be followed to a T. Food Agent Australia helps business owners by providing them with the information and connections required when setting up a licensed food business to make the process run as smoothly as possible.

Will You Help with My Paperwork?

Absolutely. We will help you with all areas of navigation, from knowing how to start a food business with the appropriate licences (including liquor licensing) and food safety protocols, to liaising with your local authorities,  fit-outs and interior design, compliance and so much more.

For a full list of what we offer, visit our food business services page, or contact our friendly team today. 

I Don’t Know How to Start a Licensed Food Business. Can You Help Me?

That’s what the team at Food Agent Australia is here for – to help you with a variety of food business services and setting up a food business (both licensed and unlicensed). Contact us today to get started.

I’m Taking Over an Existing Business. Can Your Food Business Services Help Me with Liquor Licensing?

Yes. Whether you’re just setting up a food business and need guidance, or you’re taking over an existing business, we have the resources and team on hand to assist you.

Do I Need a New Licence if I’m Taking Over an Existing Business?

You may find, depending on the type of business and your vision for its future, the licensing requirements may differ.

If you want to know more about how to start a food business in Australia that was originally owned by someone else, contact us.

What’s the Process for Getting a Food Licence for My Business?

Find out more about the process for getting a licence (and how to start a licensed food business) here. Alternatively, get in touch with us and one of our friendly team members will talk you through it. 

What is a Food Business Compliance Audit & Do I Really Need One?

A food business compliance audit is conducted on new and existing food businesses to ensure they are licensed and following the correct procedures or protocols outlined by the local government.

It includes everything from cleanliness and hygiene to food storage and transportation, whether the equipment you’re using is defective, management procedures and so much more.

In Queensland, you are required to have a compliance audit completed when setting up a food business – whether you’re taking over an existing company or just starting out.

What’s a Food Safety Supervisor Do?

After undergoing training and certification, a food safety supervisor acts as a point of contact for local authorities, designs and maintains food safety protocols, builds measures to prevent hazards and trains staff in safe food handling procedures.

They also ensure your customers aren’t exposed to food-borne illnesses while on your premises and help protect your company in food and liquor management.

You cannot be a food safety supervisor without the relevant qualifications. If you need assistance with food safety compliance or more information on how to start a food business, contact us.

Can I Create My Own Food Safety Plan?

A food safety plan is all about compliance and following the rules outlined by your local governing body. As such, they need to be completed by a professional. We have team members on hand who can assist with this, so if you need help, get in touch. 

Do I Need an Additional Vendors Licence to Sell Food in a Public Space Given I Already Have a Restaurant?

Yes, you do. Find out more about this by working with our team. We have all the information and connections you’ll need when it comes to knowing how to start a food business in Australia.

Do You Assist with Interior Design and Fit Outs?

We certainly do. We assist you with all kinds of food business services, from licensing and liaising with Councils, business approvals and compliance to the fun stuff like interior design and fit outs.

How Can I Work with Food Agent Australia?

If you’re ready to set up a licensed food business but don’t want the hassle, contact us today.