Starting a café, restaurant, takeaway or retail food business? You will require a ‘fixed premise’ Food Business License.

Food Agent Australia are recognised within all council areas, to assist you in meeting all food business requirements.

We are a single point of contact for you and ensure a smooth transition into your new business operation because we tick all the boxes – and manage the many services and requirements – needed to obtain a Food Business License Approval.

Please contact us directly to have your fixed premise food business such restaurant, café, takeaway or retail store up and running without delay.

Ask Us How
Call 0477 526 225

What is a Fixed Premise Food Business?

Restaurants, cafés, takeaway and retail food businesses fall under the category of ‘fixed premise’. As the name suggests, they have a fixed location or premises and could be any one (or combination) of the following types of food businesses:

  • Coffee shops and cafes
  • Restaurants
  • Bakeries and patisseries
  • Takeaway shops
  • Delis and sandwich bars
  • Breweries and distilleries
  • Pubs, bars and clubs
  • Ice cream and dessert shops
  • Supermarkets and convenience stores
  • Childcare and schools
  • Aged care facilities
  • Fruit and vegetable shops
  • Health shops and gyms
  • Yoghurt bars
  • Dark kitchens and ghost kitchens

Our Process

Food Agent Australia makes the process of being compliant extremely simple.

Here are the steps we go through to ensure that you are approved for your fixed premise Food Business License without delays or unnecessary expense:

  • 1. Project and Licence Scoping

  • 2. Compliance Audit, Compilation of Documents, Project Works or Courses

  • 3. Application Submitted

  • 4. Inspection(s)

  • 5. Approvals to Commence Trading

Food Agent Australia work for you, so that you don’t have to navigate the complex and confusing requirements. We ensure everything is covered and checked off so that you can focus on what you are passionate about – your food business operation!

We explain the process for getting a Food Business Licence in more detail on this page.

Fixed Premises Food Licence:

When Is It Required?

In most cases, any fixed premises food business that adds value to an existing single food product and then sells that product requires food business licencing.

If your business operation includes any of the following, you will need to be licenced:

  • Adding ingredients and combining single food products
  • Mixing or blending ingredients
  • Cutting or slicing produce and ingredients
  • Heating, cooking, smoking or barbecuing
  • Cooling, refrigerating or freezing products
  • Dehydrating ingredients
  • Juicing


Getting approved for your Restaurant or Café

Because every business is different, the requirements to achieve your licence can vary greatly. Your kitchen will need to meet food safety standards, both structurally and functionally.

Additionally, every council area has different requirements. But Food Agent Australia’s team of experts specialise in all council regions and based on our findings at your compliance audit along with the information you provide, we can determine the specific requirements to secure your food business licence.


Our experienced and 100% independent team take the hassle out of securing your food business licence, ensuring you stay compliant and meet all requirements.